Residential: Configuring Shifts to Sites
Once you have enabled access as needed let’s discuss how you will begin configuring your shifts and then assigning them to sites.
First, let’s setup the shifts.
You’ll go to Configure→List Configuration→Shifts.
- Click Add Shift.
- Designate a shift number (this is the sort order of shifts in search lists).
- Enter a description (this is how shift is referenced in scheduler).
- Enter start/end time of shift. Note: Acceptable time ranges span from 12:00AM to 11:59 PM. A shift cannot cross over midnight.
- Select the days of the week the shift applies to. Notice that you can select multiple days for maximum efficiency.
- Click Update.
- Choose a color for visual classifications/status on the scheduler.
- Repeat these steps for all of your various shift combinations for each of your sites and for every day of the week.
Once you have the bulk of your shift’s setup, you will then link the shifts to the corresponding site locations.
- Go to Billing → Sites
- Search for a site that will use shift scheduling.
- Check the “Eligible for Shift Scheduling” checkbox.
- Assign all caregivers eligible to work at the site. Note: this can also be managed in the employee record in the Assigned Sites tab.
- Assign all shifts relative to the site.
Note: If time is being captured via Time Clock, which is very common in residential settings so that you pay staff based on when they clock-in and clock-out of their shift, then it is recommended to plug in a # of feet within radius of the site that is acceptable for a clock-in/clock-out. Additionally, you will want to verify that the address of the site is correct. This is how the system will validate they are “in range”, based on the granted distance from the home that is acceptable when clocking in/out. This prevents staff from clocking -in when they are down the street at McDonalds let’s say – or the minimum if not preventing then audits that they were out of range and even tracking where they were.
Keep moving in this course to now learn the next configuration steps.