December 9, 2016 Help
Clients – General: Contacts
- All pertinent contact information should be entered under this tab.
(To make edits to an existing contact, click to highlight the contact in the list view).
- To add a contact, click on the "+ Add Contact" button found under the contacts tab.
- Notice that the contact "name" is a required field and is the minimum required information for saving a contact. Additionally, there are data fields for "title" and "organization", and check boxes for "consent obtained" and "primary". The first is useful for denoting that a consent has been obtained and the second for designating the contact as primary for the client.
- Address information can be entered into the next series of data fields. By entering the correct address information for the contact, we can establish a link to a useful “view on map tool”. There is also a field for "email" address.
- Phone information can be entered into the next series of data fields. Available data fields include "mobile phone", "work phone", and "home phone".
- The next area under the contacts tab is designated for other information. This area includes data fields and drop-down boxes for "guardianship type", "guardianship date", "contact type", and "relationship". Available contact types include, but are not limited to, "first responder", "legally responsible person", and "professional support". If the contact type is not represented in the list, then the option can be added under the Configure Desktop in the List Configuration menu.
- Finally, we see that roles can be assigned for the contact being entered under the "contact roles" area.
- Click on the "save" icon at the bottom right corner of the window to save the information to the client record.
- Once a contact has been saved to the client record, the contact is shown on the left side of the window under the contact list. A view on map icon is shown next to the contact. Clicking on this icon links to a map view of the contact’s address.
- To the right of this, is a DMS upload icon shown. Clicking on this icon links to a document upload/download window. A description can then be entered and there is the option to browse to the file to be uploaded. Once the file has been located, click on the upload button to attach the file to the client record. This could be especially useful for attaching a scan of the guardianship papers to the client record. A delete icon is available to delete a particular contact from the client record.